10 Benefits Of Lemon Peels : Not many of us know about the health benefits and nutrition value of lemon peels. So, before throwing the lemon peel away after squeezing the lemon juice or using it in any salad etc., think twice because even lemon peels are very beneficial.
—! 10 Benefits Of Lemon Peels !—
- Improves Bone Health Lemon peels help in improving bone health.It contains a high amount of calcium and vitamin C, which help in maintaining and improving the health of bones. Lemon peel also helps in preventing bone related diseases likes osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis and inflammatory polyarthritis.
- Treats Oxidative Stress They helps in reducing oxidative stress. Lemon peels have high amounts of citrus bio-flavonoids, which are a very powerful source for the reduction of Oxidative stress from your body.
- Eradicates Toxins: There are toxic elements present in our body which not only make us weak from within but also increase the addiction to hard drinks and other harmful eatables. Lemon peels, because of its citrus bioflavonoids content, help in eradicating these toxic elements present in our body.
- Fights Cancer: Hardly people know, but Lemon peels are also used in the prevention and treatment of cancer. It contains salvestrol Q40 and limonene, which help in fighting the cancerous cells present in the body.
- Reduces Cholesterol: These are also helpful in decreasing the cholesterol levels in the body which results in maintaining good health of our hearts. This is due to the presence of polyphenol flavonoids in lemon peels.
- Prevents Heart Related Conditions: The presence of potassium in lemon peels help in maintaining the right blood pressure in our body. And in addition to this, lemon peels also help in prevention of heart diseases, heart attacks and diabetes.
- Maintains Oral Health & Hygiene: Lemon peels are also great for oral health and hygiene. Vitamin C deficiency results in teeth related problems like bleeding gums, scurvy and gingivitis. Lemon peels are rich in citric acid which helps in covering up for the deficiency of vitamin C and helps in fighting these known teeth and gum related problems.
- Promotes Weight Loss: Lemon peels helps in promotion of weight loss. They contain a component known as Pectin, which is responsible for the promotion of weight loss in the body.
- Fight Skin Related Conditions: Lemon peels help in preventing and fighting skin problems such as wrinkles, acne, pigmentation and dark spots. The free radicals play a very important role in this process. These are also rich in antioxidants which tend to detoxify the skin to a very great extent.
- Other Health Benefits: There are also other health benefits of lemon peels like – cleansing the liver, strengthening capillaries, curing ear infections, improving blood circulation, reducing muscle contractions, prevention of strokes, etc.